Teen Counselling in Bangkok
Reasons to Seek Teen Counselling in Bangkok or Online
It is important to keep in mind teens need not be suffering from anything severe in order to benefit from our teen counselling in Bangkok. Some common issues we have observed and helped clients with include:
- Low Self Esteem
- Anxiety Disorders
- Behavioural Problems
- Alcohol and Drug Use
- Relationship Problems
Some other reasons why teens may want to consider counselling include:
- A keen desire to gain a greater sense of self-awareness
- A safe space to talk about difficult topics you may not be able to share with others
- A desire to discuss their sexuality, gender identity or sexual orientation
- Simply facing difficulties adjusting in life
- Eating disorders
- Severe body image issues
- Self-harm or risky behaviours.
How to Know if Your Teen Needs A Counsellor?
Teenagers deal with several factors when maturing into adulthood from their childhood. Everything around them is changing fast and they are feeling things they may have never experienced before. Oftentimes teens may be reluctant to tell their parents that there is something wrong and other times parents are unsure whether this problem is temporary or something more serious.
There are always resources to help you and your teenager and it is important to never feel alone. Here are some signs it may be time to talk to a therapist:
- Changes in eating and sleeping habits
- Behavioural changes
- Extreme and prolonged periods of sadness and worry
- Isolating from friends
- Sudden drop in academic performance
- Expresses hopelessness
- Violent tendencies
- Extremely low self-confidence and self-worth
- Undergone trauma or ACE (Adverse childhood experiences)
- Social media addiction
- Anger management problems
Why Choose Teen Counselling in Bangkok?
As mentioned above, teenagers face several challenges during this chaotic phase in their lives, not only are they constantly adapting and embracing the physical changes in their bodies but also to the unrealistic expectations of our society today. This makes the teen and adolescent years an extremely vulnerable time for the start of many health problems such as anxiety, eating disorders, Depression Help Thailand and more.
Our Thai and English-speaking counsellors are trained to help teens manage the challenges and successfully navigate their way through this tumultuous time. We believe by doing this at an early stage, we can provide our young clients with a significant advantage for their future.
Some other benefits of counselling include:
- Teens are able to experience independence: Autonomy is a hot pursuit for young people. By attending our teen counselling sessions in Bangkok in person or via online therapy, we allow a healthy avenue for your teen to experience independence and take ownership of their emotions and feelings. It also enables parents to let go knowing they are in the safe hands of our trained counsellors.
- Provides a smoother transition from childhood to adulthood: The transitions faced during this time are complex. Our counsellors can help your teen to successfully navigate these transitions and those which may arise in the future.
- Teens are given their personal space: They may appreciate you are not forcing them to talk to you about it and have chosen an alternative route. At the end of the day they like to feel understood and our qualified counsellors give your teen a chance to feel validated, rather than feeling like a child.
- Benefits their mental wellbeing: It is important to remember what a challenging time this is for teens. Depression and anxiety are very often seen within this age group. Seeing a teen counsellor can be crucial to help them care for their mental wellbeing.
- Benefits the entire family: When your teen regularly attends our counselling session, it may uncover behaviours that permeate within the family, as a whole. Having your teen reach out for help can create a much more stable environment at home.
- Teens are held accountable: Allowing your teen access to a counsellor may provide a safe avenue to hold them accountable for their behaviours and actions. Our counsellors give clients the space to explore why certain things happen and develop healthier strategies to move forward.
- Teens feel valued: Within all this turmoil your teen is experiencing on a day to day basis, they simply want to be reassured that they are alright. The need to feel accepted, understood and valued is paramount to teens during this stage in their lives. Our counsellors work actively with your teen, allowing them to explore their place in the world and feel empowered.
Approaches and Modalities for Teen Counselling in Bangkok
Our teen counselling services in Bangkok involve several different techniques, approaches and interventions, each depending on the unique child themselves and the opinion of our qualified counsellors.
In addition to free online resources for coping with teenagers Some of the different kinds of approaches we offer include:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT): CBT can help improve a child’s behaviours and moods by simply examining distorted patterns of thinking. Our therapists work with your teen in order to educate them that thoughts cause feelings which can then influence one’s behaviour. During our CBT sessions, teens essentially learn to identify harmful thinking patterns. We then help clients replace this thinking with thoughts that result in more positive feelings and behaviours.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT): This form of therapy helps teens understand and accept their innermost thoughts and feelings. Our therapists help teens use their deep understanding of emotional struggle in order to commit to moving forward in a more positive direction.
- Family Therapy: This form of therapy essentially focuses on helping the whole family function in a more collaborative and positive way by exploring different patterns of communication and providing relevant support and guidance.
- Art Therapy: A very effective form of therapy for children, teens and adults. Art Therapy is a more fun approach in comparison to traditional counselling. Therapists observe how teens use certain colours and patterns to better understand the teenager.
It is important to keep in mind therapy is never a quick fix or easy alternative. It is a complex and challenging process that gradually helps alleviate symptoms, provide deeper insight and improve adolescents functioning and overall quality of life.
If you believe your teen could benefit from speaking with a counsellor, do not hesitate to schedule an appointment with us. Additionally, we offer a free of charge consultation call in order to determine whether we are the best fit for you or to simply answer any queries you may have. Reach out to us today to get started!